Family WordPress MU site, mind taking a look?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Tankgunk, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Tankgunk macrumors regular

Tankgunk

Let me know what you think of TetherBlog.com. It's definitely not 100% ready, and I haven't really spent any time on the main blog, but I'd like to get an early opinion on this. It's basically a site where you can create a password protected blog for your family (or other group). What I'm good at is the code behind the custom page system and password protection, not so much the "face" of the site. I'd especially like some advice regarding what the home page should look like and what it should say, but any comments are welcome.

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I think the main page looks good, very professional. Some of the other pages (I looked at one of the tutorial pages) are a bit busy visually or just not really very easy to read.

Jonathan

3. Tankgunk thread starter macrumors regular

Tankgunk

I was thinking about rewriting this tutorials and making them WordPress pages, I suppose I'll do that tonight. Thanks!

4. torndownunit macrumors regular

I have only used Wordpress once for a personal site, and I used that exact same theme. I like it a lot.

I do find the content kind of blends together, making it a little tough to read. You may want to use more colour/shading/borders or something to separate sections a little more. That is just what I see when reading it though.

I agree with the point about the tutorial page.

5. Tankgunk thread starter macrumors regular

Tankgunk

I just finished moving the tutorials over (and fixing a few mistakes in them). Also, I cleaned up the top of the website a little and made the font color darker, which made it easier (for me at least) to read. I'm not super interested in hacking this theme a ton though, I'm probably going to trade a favor with a friend next month and have a custom theme made anyway. Thanks for all the input, I'll take all I can get :)