Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dangoland

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
If you are already with AT&T, you can buy just one iPhone and the $30 data plan gets added to your account bill..

If you are a new customer creating a new plan, and if you want a FamilyTalk plan, you have to get at least 2 iPhones.

I'm an existing AT&T customer, jsut upgrading and adding the $30 data plan, however, my billin cycle starts on the 18th. Will AT&T prorate the $30 for the 7 days between the 11th and 18th or will they insist on charging me 30 dollars for 7 days of use?

cWeems

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2008
FLORIDA, USA
I'm an existing AT&T customer, jsut upgrading and adding the $30 data plan, however, my billin cycle starts on the 18th. Will AT&T prorate the $30 for the 7 days between the 11th and 18th or will they insist on charging me 30 dollars for 7 days of use?

july 11th- july 18th = $7
july 19th- august 18th = $30
-------------------
$37

should b like that on the bill then

edit: dates entered.

dangoland

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
Sweet, thanks.
Since you work for at&t, any tips on getting that upgrade activation fee waived?

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
The FamilyTalk confusion appears to have started in this post :confused:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...e_3g_transactions_at_apple_retail_stores.html

It makes sense for one reaon, Apple has one phone device to sell, the new iPhone 3G. Their training states that you have to sell or setup 2 phone devices on a New FamilyTalk plan. This is an excellent reason to visit an AT&T Store of you have the potential for "Upgrade Eligibility" issues, complex account / line of services issues.

Note: Apple only sells one phone, and last year they did not get involvled in the activatiion process:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.