Fan Account Activation Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hokiepokie07, Jun 29, 2009.

1. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

I entered my graduate school e-mail and received the e-mail from them.

I am having trouble figuring out how to get a discount added to my account though.

what am I suppose to do to get the discount, and how can I check how much of a discount I will receive?

thanks.

2. hokiepokie07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

If I remember correctly, the FAN get attached but the discount won't show up till your next bill. On the Features/Rate Plan page you should see the percentage off to the right.

I don't remember having to do anything other than provide my work email and my AT&T information.

4. hokiepokie07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yep got it working. thanks!

I'm just curious how they know when I finish my grad school and if I don't do anything if I will still get a discount?

5. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

AFAIK they don't check.

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Pretty much, all you have to do is supply ATT with your information, unless your work is doing it for you.

For me (I work for a college/uni), I was told to go to ATT's premier site, and enter my college/uni email address and other info. ATT sends mail to that address to verify that not only that it's you, but that your place of employment has a premier account. If you get the mail from them, follow the directions in it, and you're off and going.

All that I needed to do. I can't remember the exact url, but it is in the 46something page thread here. Have a romp through it, and I'm pretty sure you'll find what you're looking for.

BL.

7. SeanMcC macrumors regular

You call AT&T and give them the FAN number.

Employee ID number (SSN) required for employment verification

The discounts are based on employment and will be removed from the accounts if an employee leaves the company for any reason

8. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

What is FAN about? Does it give you a discount if you're in any college? I'm in college currently and wouldn't mind a discount!

9. SeanMcC macrumors regular

It is if your employer or school offers a discount for AT&T service. You'd have to check with your school to see if you can get a discount.

You can also enter your email address at http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/ to see if you can get a discount.

10. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

BS

11. SeanMcC macrumors regular

Could be.. that's just what it says on my company intranet site regarding the discount.

12. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

It is supposed to be removed. But it doesn't appear that AT&T does it on their end. I would imagine that the people that deal with getting those discounts could do it, but I doubt it is worth the effort in most cases.