FAN account help??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ripcurlsurfin96, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Ripcurlsurfin96 macrumors member

Hello there,

I currently read a thread about how to check if your school/business was eligible for a FAN discount from AT&T. I went on and it authorized me as an eligible "participant" for a discount for my school. I entered my school email for confirmation and it sent me an email that the discount would be applied to my account. It never stated how much though. I went to AT&T the next day and they told me that students were not eligible for the discount only for faculty and that was the end of that conversation ( i told them it allowed me to register).

I looked on my online account today and it had it posted on it has a FAN number on it. Does this mean i am receiving the discount and the people in the store didnt know what they were talking about or am i recieving an "unauthorized" discount. Dont want this to come back to bite me in the end

Thanks alot

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

you're receiving the discount, and what the people at that ATT store told you was bollocks. Log into your account on ATT's site, and select "Rate Plan & Features". Down the right hand side of the page, it will tell you what your discount is in the Discounts section. If you see something there, your FAN discount has been applied.

BL.

3. paulinhadrp macrumors member

Yeah, the AT&T rep just had no idea of what he was talking about. You have your discount...
    I have one through my college too, and my discount is 15%... yours is probably around the same percentage....

4. snook911 macrumors 6502a

What he said!:D

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

That's what mine is, and I work for the university my FAN comes from. I saythat because a rep at an ATT store here in Sacramento said today that she found it funny that universities and colleges get more of a discount on the FAN than any of the other businesses she's worked with, even the military (which sucks, when you think about it and put all politics aside)..

BL.