Fan Contol XP Bootcamp 1.3

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by cocacola5373, Jul 3, 2007.

1. cocacola5373 macrumors newbie

Hi all. Now with the release of Bootcamp 1.3, input remapper does not work now anymore therefore I have no way of controlling the my fans in Windows XP. My temperatures are 60 on idle and 80+ on load and i find them abit too high for me. Anyone have any alternative fan control applications for use with Bootcamp 1.3 and Windows XP? Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Don't have an answer, but would be interested in one. I use SMC fan control in OSX and would love to use simliar in XP becuase I too find it runs way too hot in XP for my own comfort.

3. Dj-Grobe macrumors member

I buy macbook pro due i can us eiwndows or osx, id ecide use vista, but is impossible !!! the heat burn the machine lol

Please sombody know about some tool for setup the fan speed under vista without install the keyboard remaper?

:(

4. Strigoi macrumors member

I'm also searching my @ss off and without any results.. I8kfanGUI (dells fan software) / Speedfan 4.32 and Notebook Hardware Control don't work on my MBP 2.4.. I really need a little piece of software link smcfan to fix the heat in windows. It starts cooling @ 81 degrees. Which is too late. I prefer to run standard 4000 RPM or greater during gaming.

5. Strigoi macrumors member

It looks like there won't be a application that can help us out.. Because a MBP doesnt have a BIOS like an Acer / Dell etc. Which means that windows must access SMC chip instead of the standard PC ACPI chip. Please somebody prove me I'm wrong...

6. oldSystem macrumors newbie

Here's my workaround for the high temps in XP (Which causes the graphics card to turn off during games):

Set SMC fan control in OS X to a higher fan speed and restart into BootCamp.
    The RPM stays at the setting even when in Windows. No control after that, but at least they're running faster and i can play games.

Hope that works for you! I'm running it on a new iMac by the way.

7. dimme macrumors 65816

I have no problem running input remapper in XP. I am running Boot Camp in 10.5.1

8. gugucom macrumors 68020

gugucom

The latest beta for 10.4 was Bootcamp 1.4. Perhaps that can fix one or two problems.

9. BSchorr macrumors member

10. bobsbarricades macrumors regular

i'm having problems. apparently there's a new lubbos fan control, but it requires .net 4.0.

I then found the following article http://connect.microsoft.com/Visual...s-denied-on-boot-camp-enabled-apple-computers

so I found an older version, i think the one I was using before...but I can't get it to run right. Fans are only around 4.5k instead of 6. I always ran them top because I have to be careful with my 8600m.

anybody use the SN disc to install, then update everything to .net3.5 and use lubbos? This is 0.9 or something