Fan Control 1.1 (1.2?) broken under Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Thomas Davie, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Thomas Davie macrumors 6502

Apologies if this is known, and yes I searched and could not find anything about this issue. And no I am not referring to smcfancontrol, but Fan Control. Is it working or not working for anyone else under Snow Leopard? This is on a Jan/09 UBMP 17. I upgraded to Snow leopard, found that the pref pane was not working, uninstalled it, reset the SMC, rebooted and reinstalled. Still not working.

Tom

2. Thomas Davie thread starter macrumors 6502

Apologies for me getting something wrong. Fan Control (and extended Fan control) work just fine; it was iStat menu not working that led me to believe that Fan Control wasn't working. It was, and is. When opening up the prefpane (for Fan Control) though, System Preferences has to close and restart and then it can be controlled/modified. I know that it works because I set the lower threshold to 30 C, and the fans ramped up immediately. Fan Control is not broken, it just acts funky when opening the prefpane.

Tom

3. santosoh macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new here. Just want share a bit about it.

Yes, the fan control work just fine, although we have to switch back to 32-bit by restarting the system preferences. But it is still working.

In regards to the iStat, you may install the iStat Menus 2.0 build 111 beta here. Then after install it, let it be upgrade into build 112. It has been modified to be compatible with SL.

Cheers.