Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
can anyone reccomend a good equivalent to smcfanconrol that works well for the new mbp 2.4 under bootcamp? I've searched and tried things, but none work as well or easily as smc.... much thanks.

magius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
interesting, on first glance it doesn't seem to do fancontrol, but it seems like a swiss army knife! thanks! and the fan control runs stable on the new mbp i presume? do you use the process pacifier a well?

other suggestions are still welcome, I probably won't install till later today or tommorow. cheers!

dimme

macrumors 68040
Feb 14, 2007
SF, CA
Yes it does fan control.
After you install the app restart, look in the taskbar you will see macbook settings open it up and you will see two sliders for the two fans.

Also if you have SMC fan control installed in OS X and restart into windows the fan settings should hold till you power off.

magius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
oh wow good to know.... are there any conflicts between using smcfancontrol in conjunction with input remapper? say i restart into windows, change my fan speed using remapper, and then restart back into osx? could that screw me? what if i don't touch the remapper, i just want it to check what speed the fans are running?

thanks again, btw, appreciate it.

dimme

macrumors 68040
Feb 14, 2007
SF, CA
From what I gather it remembers the last setting between restarts but when the computer is turned all the way off it resets to the default. Also it look like with input remapper you can set the fans to 1000 rpm which is below what Apple does by default, that can be a bad thing. Again shutting down returns everything to normal.

pinwanger

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2007
I heard one of the reasons that why Windows runs hotter than OSX is because it defaults the fan at 1000RMP instead of 2000RPM w/o proper driver support.

magius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2007
yeah thats crazy, it seems xp was running @ 1000 rpm min., i hit it to 2500, works like a charm.

another question.... does input remapper detect cpu temps as well? if not, could anyone recommend a light, simple one that is proven to work decent with the sr mbp running bootcamp? cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.