Fan Control

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WinterBlue, May 30, 2014.

1. WinterBlue macrumors newbie

WinterBlue

I have had my a1260 macbook pro for a while now. It has held up for me through everything, even when I had it with me in an motorcycle accident and escaped with only a broken screen and dinged bottom. But a couple of months ago, the Hitachi HDD died on me and I lost everything, but before this happened I had set the fans to max RPM with SMCFanControl. After swapping HDD's out I didn't have a Mac OSX CD on hand, so I installed windows and used Lobotomo's windows fan control every time I booted up I had to lower the RPM. I have since acquired a disc of mavericks and have installed it, but am failing at finding a way of reducing the RPM. SMCFanControl will not work, nor the mac version of Lobotomo Fan Control, nor the iStat Menus. I am in need of a controller, because my fans run down my battery before I can get three class periods over with and it is very noisy.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

3. WinterBlue thread starter macrumors newbie

WinterBlue

Yes, I have and nothing has resulted from it.

4. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

Perhaps a bad temp sensor is telling the fans to run.

5. WinterBlue thread starter macrumors newbie

WinterBlue

Nope. Replaced the sensors and nothing changed. iStat Menus is showing the correct temp ranges for everything.

6. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

And the reported temperatures seem normal?

Can you run AHT by holding D or Option + D when turning the computer on? It might be, that you would need the second disk from the original disk set to run AHT. There's a thread in apple Support Communities, that might be of help, if the second disk is not available.