Fan Control

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kalun, Jul 3, 2007.

1. kalun macrumors regular

Hi,

I have a first gen Macbook (brought quite sometime ago). Recently, my macbook's fan has been always running. So I Download Fan Control, hoping to tone it down a little.

When I look into Fan Control, it shows that the Left Fan is running at 5000 RPM and the right fan is running at -1 RPM. So my question is, does a MacBook have 2 fans? If it does, is my right broken?

Thanks for the help,
    kalun

2. keenkreations macrumors regular

First off, there are a TON of threads that speak about fan control software...please search! Second, a Macbook has only one fan and you cannot lower your fan past the default speed. Three, there is a reason why the fans are turning on in the first place. Fourth, are you using the newest smcFan Control? I believe that it is best if you are running a universal program.

That's my 2 cents.

3. kalun thread starter macrumors regular

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, and I guess I should've search the forum before posting. Sorry about that.

I have the newest smc fan control. This problem didn't happen before the update. And after the most recent update, the fan just keep spinning all the time. It is loud and it sucks the battery dry.

I am not sure if other Macbook users are having a similar problem.

thanks,
    kalun

4. JasonMac macrumors regular

JasonMac

I use SMC fan control set on higher RPM and it works great, try and uninstall it and reinstall if you have any problems with it.

5. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

6. durruti macrumors regular

durruti

CAUTION: fan control issues

I advise caution with using 'fan control' or 'imac fan control'. People have been having issues, and it seems to be doing way more than it promises too. arseholes, imo.