Fan Control?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by TSE, Jun 15, 2008.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Is there a program that runs with Windows Vista that allows me to control the fans on my MBP? My MBP is getting hot without the fans on.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Sorry, there's nothing you can do about the MBP having so many adoring fans! Oh, wait! You meant the OTHER kind of fan contol! :D Do you have iStat Pro, so you can be more specific about the temperatures? Then we'll know if they're out of normal ranges.

[Edit]: Sorry, just re-read your post and see you're on Vista, not OS X. I don't know of an iStat Pro equivalent on Vista for temps.

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

smcFanControl,if you want to use it in windows just set the fans to whatever RPM you want reboot into windows and they will stay at the RPM you set them at while in OS X

4. aki macrumors 6502a

yes neil321 is right use smcfancontrol to set high settings then reboot - not shutdown - and fan settings will stay for the windows.....i use smc for games because the hd gets v hot if i play a long time.....

there is no good fan monitor that works yet that i know on windows but it will come it think just patience......