FAN Discount FYI - iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by motoracer1486, Jul 31, 2008.

1. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

I just spoke with an ATT rep about why I wasn't receiving my FAN discount. He said it was because I had the iPhone 2G, and that he had to manually do a "Fan discount override" to have it activated on my account. If you haven't been receiving your discount, I suggest you call them. I asked if I didn't call in, would it have automatically given me the discount because I already have a FAN number associated with my account, he said no.

2. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

A little burried but I had a similar problem.

If "IPHONE POSTPAID TRKG" shows up on your account and your not receiving a discount call in and have the rep apply "APL FAN DISC OVRRIDE." This only applies to people who are using a 3G iphone and previously had a 2.5G iphone.

3. mattpol macrumors regular

Activation Fees

Another FYI for the FAN discount:

Most company's FAN programs provide for a waived activation fee. If you activated at an Apple Store chances are you will be charged. You need to call in to Business Customer Care to get them to manually remove the $36.00 activation fee.

4. motoracer1486 thread starter macrumors 6502a

IPHONE 3G TRKG $0.00 is what shows up in my account. The rep said the discount should show up on my bill thats coming up in a few days. He said if it didn't, it would definitely show up in the next bill. Is this true, or is he blowing smoke?

5. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

IPHONE 3G TRKG shouldn't affect discounts at all. 2~3 business cycles is the typical response given when applying a FAN. It usually shows up faster.

6. motoracer1486 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just giving everyone an update, I now have this showing on my account:

APL FAN DISC OVRRIDE $0.00

Smooth sailing :cool::D

7. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

do you know if that applies to the $18 upgrade fee?

...not to be prude about $18, but if i can get it waived, why not?

that's $18 i can put towards BeatMaker :D

8. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

I had a FAN discount number on my account when I went to buy the 3G phone earlier this month. The Apple people wouldn't let me buy or activate the phone until ATT took it off. They said it made me ineligible for the new iPhone. This is even though I've had 2 of the original iPhones with the FAN # attached to my account for over 1 year! :mad:

WTFIUWT?? :( Just one more screwy thing with ATT and this phone!

9. robd54 macrumors member

I'm on a family plan with my wife, her line the primary with a BB. Prior to the 3G i had the first iPhone and I never got a discount on my second line. howerver I just got my first bill with the 3G, and now both of our lines are getting the discount. was pretty excited to see that!

10. Kai Chen macrumors newbie

Kai Chen

When I called ATT they told me that Apple did not allow a discount to be giving on an iphone account. Which I lost my discount. Is there a way around this?

11. billyripkin macrumors 6502

billyripkin

I just got my first bill and no discount was shown. I called in and the woman told me it take 1-2 billing cycles for the discount to take effect. Plus my companies discount did not say it would allow for the activation fee to be waived. I wish I would have known that I would not be getting a discount for the first couple months.:(

12. chic macrumors newbie

That is really not fair. AT&T makes us jump through hoops just to get the iphone and then makes money off of us for one or two billing cycles? That's crazy. It's not our fault that the AT&T had limited stocks of iphone and that the did not think about people with FAN accounts wanting an iphone.

13. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

If your using the old 2.5G iphone then they are correct. If you have the new 3G iphone call back and talk to a different rep.

14. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

It's standard policy with applying the FAN to any account. What was wrong with ordering the iphone from AT&T? I did and it didn't take that long to come in.

15. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

The discount has NOTHING to do with the iPhone at all. This is actually standard procedure.