FAN discount question, if you leave your firm?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OrangeCuse44, Nov 10, 2008.

1. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

My GF is looking into switching to AT&T but she is likely moving to another job in the near future. If she switches, applies the FAN discount with her current work email, then leaves the firm, will the FAN remain?

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I believe it will remain--until she tries to upgrade in the future and is forced to remove it. When I was in line for my 3G, everyone who had a FAN discount had to take it off before they could get a new phone. Once its off, one would need to go through that verification process again and obviously it wouldn't confirm her if she no longer worked there.

Hopefully, her new job also provides a FAN discount.

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

It will remain. I had a friend (yeah, that's the ticket) who left a company that had a FAN discount with AT&T, and it remained on her account for almost 2 more years after she left that company with no problems until she removed it to upgrade to the 3G iPhone. Then, she applied the FAN discount of her current company.

AT&T doesn't do any periodic verification to confirm that you're still with the company.

Definitely dishonest and unethical, but not a horrible sin that will blacken my soul for all eternity, methinks.

4. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

... i wasnt here...

i didnt read any of this

(bye)

5. Barbs macrumors regular

since we are on the subject......

What does AT&T do to verify that you are employed at a certain company? I take it that you give your email address and then an email is sent in which you need to clink on a link to activate the FAN discount on your account.

What if you were to give the email address of a friend that worked at a different company that received a FAN discount. Wouldn't that work?

6. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

Yes and yes.

7. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

usually verify work ID or paystub

work email only if u do it all online.