Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stuart2102

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2011
hello there just wanna ask why sometimes i can hear noise like fan on my macbook pro this is not usually i heard on my macbook, may i know what this is mean? why sometimes it happen a noise like fan?

kevinkyoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2016
MacBook doesn't have a fan, unlike most laptops. When you hear fans, that means that the computer is trying to both disperse and "exhale" the heat out of the laptop to cool it down. This is when you do intensive tasks that would cause the computer to work harder, thus causing it to be hotter.

stuart2102

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2011
MacBook doesn't have a fan, unlike most laptops. When you hear fans, that means that the computer is trying to both disperse and "exhale" the heat out of the laptop to cool it down. This is when you do intensive tasks that would cause the computer to work harder, thus causing it to be hotter.
oooh okay thanks for this info, but as what i've experience now my macbook is turn off and when i open it after 30minutes i heard a noise although i do have lots of youtube open does it matters for the youtube around 10 of them buffering to cause for my macbook to work harder?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.