Fan Noise Problem and SMC Restart (?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by moniquevashti, Jun 23, 2015.

1. moniquevashti macrumors newbie

Hey guys, so I have 15" Macbook Pro Retina. Today I accidentally pressed something while turning my Macbook on, and somehow the login wallpaper was changed into Apple wallpaper default (the mountain with orange sky).

After a while, I realised my fan sounds so loud and my Macbook gets so hot without me doing anything (I just have my safari and mail on the run).

I've already tried to do the SMC restart (the one with shift + ctrl + option + power button), and it didn't work out.
    I've also tried to put my Macbook to sleep, then restart it, then shut it down, also didn't work out.
    I even tried to reset my PRAM (don't know why I do this, just want to try everything), and it still didn't work out.

Could you guys help me please? I really need to use my Macbook to do some works, thanks guys.

2. LewisChapman macrumors 6502a

LewisChapman

1. Is the Macbook operating normally in safe mode if you just leave it to sit?
    2. Does the erratic behaviour occur if the Macbook is just idling?

3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

What does activity monitor show under the CPU tab when your fans are ramped up like that?

4. moniquevashti thread starter macrumors newbie

1. I don't think my macbook is in safe mode? bcs I tried to enter safe mode just now and it's different from what it is right now. Anyway, since I accidentally pressed something, the login window just has one user to log in to, it doesn't have the guest user.
    2. Yes, the fan still goes crazy even if I put it into sleep.

Do you know what happen? Usually the fan goes this loud whenever I do 3D rendering, but right now I literally do nothing and it's going crazy.

5. moniquevashti thread starter macrumors newbie

This what shows in the Activity Monitor

Attached Files:

6. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

Mine died last night.

Was just using it normally, then the screen went black and it restarted into darkness but without the startup noise.

Did a PRAM and it seemed to work...

But now the fan is on loud all the time, I've even left it on now for 4 hours and it hasn't calmed down. Plus it thinks there is no battery and it can't find the AC (even though it seems to be working).

Any ideas please? (CPU seems fine, ironically enough)