fan or hardrive noises of cmbp 15

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by howareyoukk, Sep 11, 2013.

1. howareyoukk macrumors regular

Apple failed me last night because they didnt release the next gen macbook pro...but its ok..i have decided to buy the 2012 of cmbp 15 with 5400 rpm hard drive. However, I have been using my friends' retina pro and air with SSD and I didnt hear any noises from the machine while operating. So, iam just wondering the noise level of cmbp 15 with 5400 rpm hard drive comparing to the retina or air with SSD? Is the noise level pretty much unnoticeable in a quiet room while you are just doing casual work( web browsing, watching videos and word processing etc) . Thanks :)

2. simsaladimbamba

Apple did not fail you, your expectations did. Apple is known to not use September for Mac related releases, that is what October is there for.

Anyway, you will notice the noise, but is fairly low volume, unless the fans start to spin faster during CPU intensive tasks.

3. howareyoukk thread starter macrumors regular

how is the noise level comparing to air and retina pro with SSD? particularly at night time while everyone is asleep and the laptop is on and downloading movies..( you know wat iam talking abt ;)
    I am quite impressed by my friend's 13 inch retina pro because the noise level has been very low and even its downloading stuff at night while iam asleep, i didnt hear any noises from the computer... just like the laptop was completely off...

4. simsaladimbamba

You will hear a low hum due to the HDD's rotating platters, which are being written to, and the 2,000 RPM fans in idle will also be audible.

The 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display has a better fan design, thus it is not as audible.