Fan speed and Cpu temp

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CasiLindberg, Nov 14, 2008.

1. CasiLindberg macrumors member

HOw do I check and see my Fan Speed and my CPU temp on my mac

I have the macbook alu

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

3. bki122689 macrumors 6502

bki122689

4. SSmit macrumors newbie

Xrg

I use X Resource Graph.

From their website:

5. DAAAAAAAVE macrumors regular

DAAAAAAAVE

im using a program called Fan Control which you can download here: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/23137
    It shows you cpu temp and fan speeds. It also lets you control minimum fan speed giving a cool little graph of what temperature will give what fan speed. My MBP was like to hot to use on my lap till i installed this and now i can have it sitting on 40 degrees C no problems. You will experience increased fan noise if you pump up the speed a bit but the temperature drop is well worth it

6. mbleopard macrumors regular

iStat, my temp was about 51 and my fan was running at about 2000 RPMs, I just got my first mac today, so does that sound about right?

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Yes, assuming you're talking about celsius. That's about 123 F, which is 10 degrees cooler than my MBP is reading right now. When my CPU is at full use, it can get up near 170 F (about 77 C). My fans are always at least 2000 rpm, often climbing to 6000 when fully running.

8. mbleopard macrumors regular

Yea its in celsius, im glad to hear my macbook is about normal, i was afraid to open it with all the problems i heard about it with the slanted keys, dust, and battery cover, but none of those problems struck me so apparently im just lucky! my first mac and its already amazing!