fan speeds

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by craigystylz, Jun 8, 2011.

1. craigystylz macrumors newbie

I have a 2009 macbook pro , i have been using smc fan control for a while. But lately the computer has been freezing around 70 degrees celcius. (I know that is a big problem). so I have just been trying to figure stuff out so i deleted smc fan control but now my fan stays at 2000 rpm regardless of what the temp is at :mad: I get the macbook getting hot with a flash site the temp goes to 95 and the fans stay at 2000 rpm and than it freezes?? is this a problem cause of the smc fan control or something else?? i am so confused ??? lol I know there are dozens of topics on this but none that came off as the same problem i have.. Any ideas on what is going on?

thanks

2. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

I have the 2011 MBP 17in and theres def something wrong with you MBP.
    Mine is at 41C and stays around 1995 to 2005rpm.
    If you deleted the smc fan control, that probably got rid of so I dont think its smc's fault.
    I would try to reinstall the whole thing which would take time and see how your fan would work. if there is no change, take it to apple.
    If you have apple care, they will repair it for free.

3. Dadioh macrumors 65816

Dadioh

It is not enough to just uninstall the SMC fan control. You also need to reset the SMC. See below.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

Having the system freeze at 70C sounds like a different issue but best to reset the SMC and at least get the fan speeds back to normal.

4. craigystylz thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah I know there is a bigger issue with the computer shutting down at 70 lol.. I am just trying to get everything to factory settings. I can not even run cd rom disc pc check that a computer store gave me cause the computer gets too hot and freezes. And that is even with the fans ramped to 6000 rpm lol..