Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Hello,

you may be aware of FancyZoom,
http://www.cabel.name/2008/02/fancyzoom-10.html

If you have never seen it download it, and use it on all your websites! :D

Panic uses it on their site (since they are the ones that developed it) and it is very similar to what Apple uses for some of the images on their site.

However for the site I want to use it on they are asking $40. I cannot give the $40 they are asking at the moment so I was wondering what is out there that will mimic the functionality of FancyZoom which is free to use on all sites.

I have used lightbox before however it doesnt have the clean interface that FancyZoom has. So anything like lightbox is out of the question.

Any ideas?

Thanks

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
I have used lightbox before however it doesnt have the clean interface that FancyZoom has. So anything like lightbox is out of the question.

What exactly do you mean by 'clean' interface? I find FancyZoom and Lightbox to be equally clean.

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
lightbox has too much going on.

for example there is a boarder around it all, with resizing animations everywhere, blacking out of the screen, etc...

with FancyZoom there is just the image and a close button, it zooms the image in and adds a caption if needed (again very clean and readable) no extra animations or big boarders...

yes I am aware that I can play with lightbox in order to pretty it up some, however I dont have the time or the patients right now to make it look like FancyZoom

EDIT:
I finally ended on this
http://manuelmartensen.com/wp-maczoom/

I just took the JS and CSS files and included them in the page (since i am not running a WP blog) I wish it would do a little zoom animation like FacyZoom does, however this will do for now! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.