Fans and Firmware

matttrick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
Ok so after having my mbp almost 2 weeks, i noticed it gets pretty hot sometimes. I never noticed any fan activity whatsoever. I havent listened closely, but still there has never been anything noticable. So i decided to update the firmware... but its already up to date.

i am installing WoW to see if i hear anything with it up... but should i be concerned that i have yet to notice any fan activity whatsoever? they cant be that quiet..

Ross Henderson

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2006
I never hear the fan on mine, and what your experiencing is perfectly normal. These things do get unacceptably hot.

matttrick

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
Ross Henderson said:
I never hear the fan on mine, and what your experiencing is perfectly normal. These things do get unacceptably hot.
alright, i just wanted to make sure. i had heard alot of people talk of how their fans were on alot more after firmware update and such, and mine was pretty hot. i think it could fry an egg. coreduotemp is normal but then thats the cpu temp, not the temp of the whole system.

NJuul

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2006
Boston
My fan does turn on...
It usually kicks in whenever the CPU reaches around 70C or so. It can get quite loud, so there's no doubt that it's on.