Fans on Overnight?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by nintendude, Sep 24, 2010.

1. nintendude macrumors 6502

Last night, I just closed the screen of my Air putting the computer into sleep went to sleep.

This morning, I'm walking to the bathroom and hear some noise from the room by the bathroom where I left the Air last night. I check on the noise, and it's coming straight from the Air. The fans were apparently were running at full blast for at least 9 hours. The space under it on the desk is really warm, and the entire surface of the computer is even hotter. I force shut it down (it won't wake from sleep) and leave it on a different surface to cool for a bit. I come back 1/2 an hour later, and it turns on, goes to a blank gray screen, then restarts itself, and upon second reboot, it goes through the normal start up (Apple logo, gears, login, etc).

I'm using it now, and nothing seems to have changed, but is there anything I should be concerned about?

2. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

It crashed while closing an app or disconnecting from wlan etc. I assume.

I had a similar event once with my MBP13 where it took way more than 5 min to go to sleep. Usually it takes 10-30 seconds. The CPU got hotter, the fans jumped in ... BUT it finished its "go to sleep" procedure and was useable again after wake up.

I would not concern about it if its the first time this happened. So do not worry, but keep an eye on it when you put it to sleep.