Fans running at full speed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by patseguin, Oct 17, 2015.

1. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

I have en early 2011 Macbook Pro which is normally perfectly quiet. The only time I would hear the fans come on was if I was doing something really i intensive. Ever since I installed the 10.11.1 beta update yesterday, the fans are on all the time now. Anyone know why and any possible way to fix it?

2. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

Mine was doing that last week. I did a search and found the Activity Monitor showed the problem. I was on a website that was sending the computer into overdrive. Once I closed that website, I haven't heard my fan since and the computer is cool once again.

Just check out whats using the CPU % and once you remedy that, that may do the trick for you.

3. jwksmith macrumors member

My MBP 2011 has recently been having the same issue. It appears to be the "mds" task which is a Spotlight daemon. The only way I can fix it for now is to reboot. I think there has been a feature ( bug ) introduced recently.

4. patseguin thread starter macrumors 65816

patseguin

Thanks guys. I ran activity monitor and it turned out I had the Battle.net client running and it had crashed and was using like 8% CPU.