fans

wirelessHead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Hi there!
I have macbook pro middle 2012 core I7 2,9 Ghz, with 8 Gb external RAM, OS X 10.8.2.
The problem is: my fans are always too loud. Istat shows: Fans exhausted 0 rpm (so i can not see the actual speed, the same thing in other hardware soft). The temp of processor is around 40. CPU usage: USER 7%, SYSTEM 7%, NICE 0%, Idle 86%.
So, what is wrong with my mac?
Thanks a lot!

p.s. also mac works around 3 hours fully charged (388 cycles, health 79%)

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Hi there!
I have macbook pro middle 2012 core I7 2,9 Ghz, with 8 Gb external RAM, OS X 10.8.2.
The problem is: my fans are always too loud. Istat shows: Fans exhausted 0 rpm (so i can not see the actual speed, the same thing in other hardware soft). The temp of processor is around 40. CPU usage: USER 7%, SYSTEM 7%, NICE 0%, Idle 86%.
Thanks a lot!
What applications are you running? Flash content in the internet browser causes my CPU usage to go way up and my fans end up going full speed.

Thats a lot of cycles on a computer that at the very most is 3 months old. Are you unplugging and letting it drain every time it reaches full charge?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hi there!
Thanks a lot!
Try resetting the SMC. Your fans should never be at 0 rpm.

wirelessHead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Try resetting the SMC. Your fans should never be at 0 rpm.
thanks for the answer. I reseted the SMC. But still blowing ((

----------

----------

What applications are you running? Flash content in the internet browser causes my CPU usage to go way up and my fans end up going full speed.

Thats a lot of cycles on a computer that at the very most is 3 months old. Are you unplugging and letting it drain every time it reaches full charge?
no flash content. and cpu usage is low.
i bought it from a guy, i cant say if he did it.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Hi there!
Thanks a lot!

Your fans won't be at 0RPM - It says that on my iMac too, just means iStat or SMC Fan Control doesn't work on that computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.