Fantastic Customer Service (No Suprise!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KrisEagling, Feb 12, 2011.

1. KrisEagling macrumors member

KrisEagling

Hi All

With the recent launch of the Verizon iPhone we seem to be getting a few too many negative posts on here.. So I thought I'd share my recent good experiences, but as I stated in the title this is apple so I'm not surprised in their level of excellent customer service.

I have had an iP4 since launch here in the UK on Vodafone, over the past couple of weeks the lock button began rattling pretty badly, now I'd never dropped my iPhone, and it has always been in a case with front and back screen shields on.

After reading a few posts on here about it I thought there would be no harm trying to get it fixed. So I made an appointment at the Brent Cross store here in London the next day. When I got there he had one look at it, shook it and said no worries I will go and get you your new iPhone..
    I was in and out within 10 minutes with a brand new phone, that was activated and ready to use.

However within 2 days the iPhone's microphone stopped functioning, meaning when I placed a call I could only hear the other person, but they couldn't hear me talk, so I made another appointment at the apple store for the SAME day, went down there and again had my iPhone swapped there and then, and because I had bought a new set of screen shields from the Apple store 2 days earlier they even sent me away with a brand new set of Anti Glare's from power support. Result :)

That's why Apple have had my businees since 2007 with a Macbook, iPhone 2G, 3G, 4 and iPad

Sorry For The Length Of The Post

2. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Apple in general has good customer service.

Here in the states(from a carrier perspective) since I have both AT&T and Verizon...This is from personal experience. AT&T has excellent customer service. I really hate Verizon customer service.

3. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Great to hear :D Especially as I go to the Brent Cross one as well. :)

4. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Apple's customer service is usually top notch. It's only when people go through the service provider that there are sometimes issues!

5. patp Guest

That's great to hear. I think it goes a long way to say that how you treat the employee helping you can make for a great or bad experience.

Glad to hear it all worked out and that Apple has your back.

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I completely agree. Besides switching in 2008 for the iPhone 3G, it was always a nightmare to call Verizon. I've never once had a problem calling AT&T.

7. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I also had a good experience at the apple store yesterday. Went in to get my phone checked because of the proximity sensor and the genius said they would replace it. Walked out with the replacement only to have it restart on me 2 times. Walked back in and got another replacement and this one seems to be working fine.

8. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

Not to threadcrap here but I don't see what the point of this thread is.

You had two defective phones and they replaced them. What else did you expect them to do, turn you away?

Now if they had replaced a shattered/water logged phone, that would be worth telling about....

9. DoctorK4 macrumors regular

Seems to me if you try to return something these days it's a huge hassle. Check out the threads from people who pre-ordered from Verizon and were not allowed to return their phone in-store. They had to ship it back for a replacement.

Good customer service isn't rocket science, and Apple gets it right.

10. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

11. KrisEagling thread starter macrumors member

KrisEagling

Just thought I'd share a good experience, as I seem to see more and more negative posts on here at the moment as another poster said about people being unable to return VZ iPhones
    :)