Fantastic Service at Apple Lakeside UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dazcox5181, Mar 21, 2008.

1. dazcox5181 macrumors 6502

Just want to say how pleased I was when i took my 18 month old Macbook pro 17" into the Apple store in Lakeside yesterday.
    Been having battery probs, losing power at 30-40% charge, no applecare and out of warrenty.

Genius (Ian?) took one look, saw the battery was deformed, said he'd not heard of the 17" with this problem usually the 15", but then surprised me by replacing the battery free of charge! £70 saved. RESULT!!!

I know people sometimes think apple kit is expensive (it is.) but in my experience (I know not everyones) the aftercare service has been worth every penny.

And besides now my battery is shiny and new i'm tempted to get a new macbook to match...hehe

2. dwright1974 macrumors 6502

dwright1974

Great to hear you had a good experience.

I always make sure when I receive exceptional customer service I let the company know as well as places like Macrumors. John Lewis is a particular favourite of mine, not always the cheapest but always give exceptional customer service, especially with online sales.

People are quick to complain when something goes wrong but I think it's important that when things like your experience happens, the company knows about it as well!

That way, they can learn when they do things right, as well as they do things wrong!

- D