Fantastical 2 Question

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iAdamator, May 7, 2017.

1. iAdamator macrumors regular

I've been looking to expand my app usage that currently (and somewhat stubbornly) relies on the built-in iOS apps.

One app I have my eye on is Fantastical 2 for iOS. I'm trying to find a sort of "Daily schedule" app and I wonder if this might fit my needs. It doesn't seem to have a free version and I rather not shell out money for something I am unsure about.

One of the main things I want is a sort of calendar that lets me add events/tasks with a time range that I can mark as "Complete" or "Done." An example would be "Go swimming" from 12-1pm and have it show up on a calendar or task list, with the option to add reminder timers, and mark it as complete when done. Does Fantastical allow for this sort of functionality? If not, would anyone know of an app that does what I am looking for?

I also would like the app to be:
    • iPhone/iPad compatible
    • Have a Watch app
    • No subscription fees. (I'm fine with a one time fee.)
    I guess I basically want a daily scheduler with calendar functionality.

Thanks

2. deep1 macrumors regular

Yes fantastical allow this. I have attached screenshot of what you looking for, once done you can hit the check button to complete task either from main view or task itself
    --- Post Merged, May 8, 2017 ---
    Completed

Attached Files:

3. xerxers macrumors member

You could also have a look at Informant 5. Does everything that you have asked about and will sync between devices.

4. iAdamator thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you. It looks like that is almost exactly what I want....except it doesn't look like it will make a reminder with a BLOCK of time (like 8-10) or something.

Does Fantastical actually just use and intergrate apple's Reminders into its
    Own app?

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Yep... it shares the Reminders data base.