Fantasy Basketball Question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by loon3y, Oct 5, 2014.

1. loon3y macrumors 65816

loon3y

Drop Kevin Martin for Jodie Meeks?

any thoughts?

2. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

I probably wouldn't. Just did a quick check and Meeks averaged 15 ppg last year. 5 more ppg than other previous year. With Kobe not on the court, so everyone got more touches/shots. So it's hard to tell if he's going to consistently put up those numbers. Martin is a pretty safe 15'ish ppg every year. Meeks other stats (reb, asst, steal) are pretty weak. With Kobe coming back and taking all of the shots, I wouldn't bank on Meeks putting up big scoring numbers. Martin is a safer bet IMO.

*Edit* Just did a quick stat check, Martin is more like 17-20ppg easily. And he plays in MN, with Kevin Love gone. So he has a lot more freedom to take all the shots he wants.

3. loon3y thread starter macrumors 65816

loon3y

meeks is on the pistons now, the have a weak backcourt

i want to keep kevin, but he just got a minor injury, coach might just go with wiggins (1st pick this year)

4. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

Yeah, Meeks could be a decent "buy low" proposition. And Martin is getting a bit older and has had consistent injury issues.

5. loon3y thread starter macrumors 65816

loon3y

should i pick him up and get meeks

even though with that injury issue and with wiggins on the team.

people still haven't dropped him much, its not a serious injury but hes still 88% owned (i know that doesnt mean much, but I'm still reluctant to drop him)

6. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

If it was me, I'd just keep Martin and keep him on the bench until he's healthy again. That's just me though.