Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
Drop Kevin Martin for Jodie Meeks?

any thoughts?

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
I probably wouldn't. Just did a quick check and Meeks averaged 15 ppg last year. 5 more ppg than other previous year. With Kobe not on the court, so everyone got more touches/shots. So it's hard to tell if he's going to consistently put up those numbers. Martin is a pretty safe 15'ish ppg every year. Meeks other stats (reb, asst, steal) are pretty weak. With Kobe coming back and taking all of the shots, I wouldn't bank on Meeks putting up big scoring numbers. Martin is a safer bet IMO.

*Edit* Just did a quick stat check, Martin is more like 17-20ppg easily. And he plays in MN, with Kevin Love gone. So he has a lot more freedom to take all the shots he wants.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
I probably wouldn't. Just did a quick check and Meeks averaged 15 ppg last year. 5 more ppg than other previous year. With Kobe not on the court, so everyone got more touches/shots. So it's hard to tell if he's going to consistently put up those numbers. Martin is a pretty safe 15'ish ppg every year. Meeks other stats (reb, asst, steal) are pretty weak. With Kobe coming back and taking all of the shots, I wouldn't bank on Meeks putting up big scoring numbers. Martin is a safer bet IMO.

*Edit* Just did a quick stat check, Martin is more like 17-20ppg easily. And he plays in MN, with Kevin Love gone. So he has a lot more freedom to take all the shots he wants.
meeks is on the pistons now, the have a weak backcourt

i want to keep kevin, but he just got a minor injury, coach might just go with wiggins (1st pick this year)

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
meeks is on the pistons now, the have a weak backcourt

i want to keep kevin, but he just got a minor injury, coach might just go with wiggins (1st pick this year)
Yeah, Meeks could be a decent "buy low" proposition. And Martin is getting a bit older and has had consistent injury issues.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
Yeah, Meeks could be a decent "buy low" proposition. And Martin is getting a bit older and has had consistent injury issues.
should i pick him up and get meeks

even though with that injury issue and with wiggins on the team.

people still haven't dropped him much, its not a serious injury but hes still 88% owned (i know that doesnt mean much, but I'm still reluctant to drop him)

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
should i pick him up and get meeks

even though with that injury issue and with wiggins on the team.

people still haven't dropped him much, its not a serious injury but hes still 88% owned (i know that doesnt mean much, but I'm still reluctant to drop him)
If it was me, I'd just keep Martin and keep him on the bench until he's healthy again. That's just me though.