Fantasy Football App?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by oursfan, Aug 19, 2008.

1. oursfan macrumors member

Does anyone know of a good fantasy football app? The only one that I could find was Sportacular but it is mainly a stat tracking app. It allows you to put your players in so you can keep track of their stats every week, but it does not keep track of your fantasy scores. If there is not an app that is devoted strictly to fantasy football, there needs to be.

It would be really nice if there was a yahoo fantasy sports app out there that integrated yahoo's fantasy football leagues into an app so that it would show you a slimmed down version of what you see on the larger web version. It could allow you to change your lineup and follow your team every Sunday and see what your score is in your game and others in your league.

Who knows if this would happen though with Yahoo. Maybe I am just dreaming. It would be really cool though for us Fantasy football players.

2. Bodah macrumors regular

There is a lot of us waiting for this.

I emailed yahoo a few weeks ago requesting this and all I got back was a "thanks for the input" email.

Maybe they will get on it if there is enough demand.

I would love to have stattracker for when I am at the games on sundays, but its flash.

3. oursfan thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I was thinking that this would be something that would be out pretty quick. I guess I was wrong. The Sportacular app is OK for keeping up with general stats for the week, but it is nowhere near what it could be if they could come up with someway to link into your yahoo fantasy team and keep the fantasy stats and your individual game points every week that would be sweet.

I would pay for this app in a heart beat if it could meet my needs

4. Sinsinnati macrumors regular

Sinsinnati

5. nfg315 macrumors regular

nfg315

this came up before, try sportacular...it wont keep score for you, but you can create a custom team to track

otherwise espn released their mobile fantasy site, just bookmark it to your homescreen - not sure if you use yahoo or sportsline

6. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Yahoo! is epic fail in releasing stuff for the Mac/iPhone.

They haven't updated the significant bugs in Yahoo! Messenger for Mac, let alone even a release for the iPhone.

I think if there was a fantasy football application, it'd be through someone else.

7. Illinoisemakers macrumors member

Yahoo is missing out on a good thing if they don't put a fantasy app out.

8. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

We're thinking about moving our league from Yahoo to ESPN for these reasons.

9. tacomahunter macrumors regular

tacomahunter

Put me down for the YES PLEASE list, I would pay for this one for sure!!!!

10. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

+1

11. dhomick10 macrumors newbie

iPhone Yahoo! FantasySports App

Check out my newest app called Y! Fan at www.yfanapp.com

It just got added to the app store and is now available for download. It provides an iPhone specific interface to manage your Yahoo! FantasySports teams. You can set your roster, view your standings, track live scores via boxscores or stat tracker (if you have it), and more.

Future versions will add support for transactions, message board access, among other things.

Take a look. I know it will accomplish exactly what you (and hopefully thousands of others) are looking for.

12. Hoagie52 macrumors member

This look really good it's a little slow but not that bad. Also it would be great if they added the message board to this app. You have to get the paid app if you want more than one team linked up.

13. jasonsbigshoes macrumors newbie

Fantasy Football App

I use the "fantasy football command center", it lets you access your accounts at a bunch of the top sites.

It also has the 09 schedule, im hoping they update the app with even more features, but as it is right now, its pretty convenient for me. Its also got a stat comparing page, helps for making trades.

xxx Jason xxx