Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
I play fantasy football with my fiends. For a couple of years now, I make my overly large spreadsheet to help in my draft. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good software for OS X that would replace Excel. There are a few really good Windows draft managers, but I can't seem to find any for OS X. I don't need software that manages the whole draft, just a way for me to rank all players and sort them by position, bye, etc.

Applespider

macrumors G4
I've always resorted to Excel too with a few pivot tables in there to help me sort the stats.

I'd love to get something better although our football league has a majority of people who hate 'live' drafts and are happy with the automated results. I've never won with an auto-drafted team yet! :(

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
kingjr3 said:
Sorry, i don't know of any FF manager software out there, but if you are lazy and need a spreadsheet where someone else puts in all the work, I HIGHLY recommend FF today's cheatsheet compiler - takes a lot of effort out of managing your draft strategy.

http://fftoday.com/compiler/index.htm

Good Luck
I already have my spreadsheets from previous years. I just have to edit them slightly. Plus I like organizing it myself, thats half the fun.

What I want is a program that allows me to rank all the players. When a player is drafted, I can just type the player's name and he is removed from the board. I can just view certain positions a well. I know I can do it in Excel because I already have. I also know it may sound like I want a lot. The fact is my friends have used Windows programs that do exactly what I want.

Maybe it's time to write one myself. I haven't done even semi-serious programing in 3 years. Hope it's like riding a bike. :eek:

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
kingjr3 said:
Sorry, i don't know of any FF manager software out there, but if you are lazy and need a spreadsheet where someone else puts in all the work, I HIGHLY recommend FF today's cheatsheet compiler - takes a lot of effort out of managing your draft strategy.

http://fftoday.com/compiler/index.htm

Good Luck
Actually, maybe this is what I want. At first I though it only set up the creators rankings. It's seems more customizable than I thought. I'm debating if I want to sped $11 for this. Then again it is only $11. Oh what to do? While I ponder this, allow me to say "Thank you."

macjohnnv

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2008
Football Draft Software

I am developing a live draft program for Mac OS X. It is intended to be used for people gathering together to have a live, interactive draft. I used it last year in a basic form and it made our draft process much faster.
I am looking for testers to use it for the NFL fantasy football season of 2008. I am hoping to have a beta version done in June. I will offer the software free to testers if they are willing to sign a participation agreement. I will be looking for feedback and suggestions on how to improve the software.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
I am developing a live draft program for Mac OS X. It is intended to be used for people gathering together to have a live, interactive draft. I used it last year in a basic form and it made our draft process much faster.
I am looking for testers to use it for the NFL fantasy football season of 2008. I am hoping to have a beta version done in June. I will offer the software free to testers if they are willing to sign a participation agreement. I will be looking for feedback and suggestions on how to improve the software.

I'd be willing to test it.

bahamallama

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2008

I would be willing to test it as well.

In the past I have used the software from fftoday as well and it works ok but it's slow and just a spreadsheet. I started coding a windows version last that didn't use the spreadsheet in visual basic but then switched to a mac and haven't looked back. I don't want excel on my mac, it makes me feel dirty. :D

I also have my own fantasy football site that I would put a review on it for you as well if you're interested, I started the site last season but wound up with 6 months of pneumonia and hope to finish it this season.

One other thing I found was the idraftkit which you can use via the iphone, right now this is what I might use since I think it would be cool to show up with just my phone!

D

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...

Count me in as another tester. I have been looking for some software for a while and had kinda resigned myself to not finding any.

I am a CS&E major in college right now and am actually in the concept stage for creating a Fantasy Football (and probably baseball later down the road) program that will allow me to track stats, lineups, and basically manage all the aspects for a league. My idea is more along the lines of managing the league (an specifically your team) after the draft has already taken place. Right now it is more just interface layout and design stuff, but i hope to actually get some code started soon.

Dexex

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2008
Me too

I would also be interested in beta testing this software. It's late August now, so time has run out for this season. But I'd be willing to work with you on preparing a version for 2009. You should be able to email me. Keep up the good work, man, we're rooting for you.

statman7

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
Fantasy Football Draft Software for Mac OSX

I would also be interested in beta testing this software. It's late August now, so time has run out for this season. But I'd be willing to work with you on preparing a version for 2009. You should be able to email me. Keep up the good work, man, we're rooting for you.

I've found a good fantasy football Mac draft software over at fantistics: http://www.insiderfootball.com

I had been using their Windows verison for years and they have excellent player projections. Glad as heck to trash the old PC laptop and go to my draft with my MacBookPro this season.

_Andrew

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.