Fantasy Football

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
The thread on Fantasy Hockey, coupled with jelloshots's post there, inspired me to set up a FFL on Yahoo (I already have another league set up there).

Group: 629412
Password: ilikesteve

Post here letting me know who you are - there are 10 spots total.

Oh! Live draft is Tuesday 9/5 at 5:15pm EDT.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
KingYaba said:
Ive been doing fantasy football for years and years with my family(keepers). Can I join ya?
Tmanskyty31@yahoo.com is the yahoo account.
Keeper league.....wow....I have yet to find a group that is consistent enough year to year in their interest to have a keeper league last very long. So jealous.

8 more spots, just under 6 days....

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
I'm the smugglers by the way.

We have been doing our keeper league since '97. Too bad I have not won any championship. (We pass around a trophy, plus winner gets food+bragging rights)

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
KingYaba said:
I'm the smugglers by the way.

We have been doing our keeper league since '97. Too bad I have not won any championship. (We pass around a trophy, plus winner gets food+bragging rights)
I saw that. Who is Warbrain?

7 more spots...5 more days...

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
I'm Warbrain. I never got around to announcing myself in this thread.

We really need more people. Three teams isn't going to do it.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
StokeLee said:
Id of joined, but its not a football league, its that rugby thing with body armour............
Come on...join anyway - we are at 4 teams We need 4-6 more.

Just a little under 2 days until the draft!

Mav451

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2003
Maryland
StokeLee said:
Id of joined, but its not a football league, its that rugby thing with body armour............

Im teasing........:D
Haha that reminds of the conversation this Brit Analyst was having with a US Analyst during the World Cup on ESPN:

"Why do they call it football? You almost never touch the ball with your foot. On the other hand, there's a lot of throwing. Why don't they call it 'throwball' then?"

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
jelloshotsrule said:
i joined. probably can't do that live time. but oh well.

Same here. I don't think I'll be able to make the live draft as I've got to run around Chicago like a chicken with it's head cut off tomorrow. Yahoo does a decent enough of a job that I'll leave the computer to do it for me.

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
wordmunger said:
I know three people who are looking for a league. They're not MR regulars, though -- do mind if they join?
Ask the comish. I wouldn't mind, but it aint my league. I'm just a member :)

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
wordmunger said:
I know three people who are looking for a league. They're not MR regulars, though -- do mind if they join?
Maybe have them wait until midday tomorrow? Or, maybe they can join, subject to booting if an MR regular wants to join? Me, I don't care - I just don't know how others would feel about it.

What about you?

6 filled, we still need 2-4 more. Live draft in just under 36 hours!

steelphantom

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2005
I'm only going to be able to make the draft for about 45 minutes tomorrow, since I have an accounting class at 6:00. What happens if we miss part/all of the draft? I've never done a live draft on Yahoo.

Applespider

macrumors G4
steelphantom said:
I'm only going to be able to make the draft for about 45 minutes tomorrow, since I have an accounting class at 6:00. What happens if we miss part/all of the draft? I've never done a live draft on Yahoo.
It will draft for you using a combination of your rankings and the open roster spots left. So you may end up drafting a kicker higher than you intended and missing out on some useful backup receivers...

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Applespider said:
I'm in...
I've been waiting since Wednesday to see you in this thread. Glad you joined!

7 spots filled...We just need 1-3 more. There has to be 8-10 people out of how many thousands of regulars...