Fantasy Hockey

amholl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Boston
I can't find anyone at home who would like to play with me so i was wondering if any of you guys would wanna join me in a yahoo custom league just for fun. If we get like 7 or 8 guys (or girls), then i will set up a league. And please if you say yes, make sure you are willing to commit, and @ least attend the draft.

amholl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Boston
ok well now there is 3 of us, so im thinking at least 4 more till we can have a good league?

Jomoma

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2005
Yeah, I'd say at least 4 more. Is there a MacRumors NFL fantasy league?

Unspeaked

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2003
West Coast
Count me in, though I'm more familiar with the Roenick, Potvin, Shanahan, Leetch era of the NHL thank today's star players!

;)

gonyr

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2006
Niagara County, NY
I'd be interested if you're willing to take in a newbie (to MR, not fantasy hockey). Not so sure about a live draft though - that might be a problem depending on what time you have it. What sort of scoring system are you going to use?

Jomoma

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2005
I think that puts us at 7, when would a good time for the draft be? I can't do it during the day (work)

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
I'd also like to join if I can fit the live draft into my schedule. Days aren't good for me either so we shouldn't have a problem there...it really just depends on what evening it is.

amholl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Boston
Sounds like we got enuf ppl. Maybe we want to do an auto draft and test our luck? If not then everyone should suggest a time for a draft, and ill try and make it happen. Thanks for showing up!

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
Well, I can tell you from right now that I'm on the east coast, and I'm free pretty much every night except Tuesdays and Thursdays, when I have to work closing shift.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Haha, yeah, I wouldn't mind an auto-draft either. I live near Sydney Australia, so that makes me like GMT + 10 hours or so. :eek:

I'm Canadian, so I really do feel obligated to participate in anything hockey related, as long as it's played on ice and not on grass.

Jomoma

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2005
If we do a live draft, it'll be like a auto draft for those people who can't make it right?

I'm not even sure if I'd be able to make it, but if we have a live one it's more fun for the people there and it still feels like an auto draft to people who didn't make it, right?

gonyr

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2006
Niagara County, NY
I'm not sure if it's fair to have some people doing a live draft and others on automatic. It seems like it would be an advantage to be live. If we can't get a time when everyone is available, I think autodraft is the way to go.

That said, the best times for a possible live draft for me are evenings (I'm on Eastern Daylight Time) or weekends. Weekdays are pretty much out.

How are we scoring - rotisserie, straight points, or head to head?

amholl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Boston
Jomoma said:
If we do a live draft, it'll be like a auto draft for those people who can't make it right?

I'm not even sure if I'd be able to make it, but if we have a live one it's more fun for the people there and it still feels like an auto draft to people who didn't make it, right?
yea it will. you can custom rank your players, too.

How about Monday Sep 4 @ like 10 PM EDT?

Also I prefer Head to Head, but what ever you guys want is ok.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I don't care how since I don't know what any of those mean. :p

I'm also rather "no fuss" when it comes to these things. Just tell me how it's going to be done, and I'll go along with it.

And seeing as how I don't think we'll get everyone on the same page regarding a live draft date (although I think I could make it for any time), I think a auto-drafting is likely how it'll work best.

amholl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Boston
I agree with auto-draft. A lot less stressful also after weighing the options. I am away this wknd starting tomm till sunday afternoon, so if anyone has any objections to head to head scoring and auto, speak up before then. I will set it up the night I get home. I'm glad so many people showed up.

gonyr

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2006
Niagara County, NY
Sounds great amholl! Thanks for setting this up. Since we're doing an autodraft, why not hold off on the deadline for a week or two so we get closer to the start of the season?

Jomoma

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2005
sounds great. This will be a yahoo league, right? I'll be ready to clean up in the auto draft. Good luck to you guys (you'll need it):) (I think we can start the trash talk now:D )

amholl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Boston
Yea, sorry, I was away this wknd. We're gonna auto draft with head to head scoring.

Here is the info

League ID# is 30698
Password: Intel

There is a max of 12 teams, so first come first serve, but i don't think that will be an issue. I control when the auto draft happens, so if anyone has any suggestions on that, I will gladly taske them into consideration.