Far Cry "Classic" on PS3

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

So I absolutely loved FC2 and FC3. Finished both, even platinum'd FC3.

Is Far Cry 1 worth getting? Will it feel very dated after playing the other two?

I had a very hard time with Mass Effect 1, after I had played ME2 and ME3 first. The controls were horrible, and everything just felt very clunky. I only stuck with it for the story. Will FC1 feel the same way?

2. ScottishCaptain macrumors 6502a

It is nothing like the other two games.

It was basically a tech demo with a really horrible story bolted on top. You would not believe how bad the story is. The only thing it had going for it at the time were the graphics. Since those are no longer relevant, I'd say there's no point.

Crysis always kinda seemed like a rehash of Farcry, to a certain extent. The story was at least somewhat digestible, unlike Farcry. If you really want to go play an older game where you spend a lot of time whacking around in the bush, I'd recommend Crysis over Farcry any day.

-SC

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I actually loved the first far cry, well the first 3/4 of it. The last part (volcano) and the final levels are up there with the first Half Life (alien platform levels) as some of the worst level design and worst gaming ever....

Also as from what I gave seen if this HD remake is that it doesn't even look as good as it did back in the day on PC.

I think wait for it to become a freebie on PS+ or just don't bother, download Far Cry Blood Dragon instead.

4. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I was suspecting you guys would say that. Saved me some money! :)

I might try Blood Dragon at some point...maybe this one will hit Plus soon? Not sure if it might be too "neon" for me, I actually like the serene quiet sneaking aspect of the games. I'm sure Blood Dragon is hilarious, but once the novelty wears off, I'm afraid it might not be for me.