Farmville for iPhone is released!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by quietstormSD, Jun 24, 2010.

1. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

2. iMistress166 macrumors newbie

Love it! Sent my friends a white apple tree and they are all happy now lol

3. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

nice. my buddy works at Zynga, I'm sure he's excited about the influx of new farmers...

And you thought texting while driving was bad... now we'll have to deal with people harvesting crops on the road.

4. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

Haha! Too true.

Now I can finally play FarmVille again (playing it in Flash was brutally slow).

5. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

Anyone know if its an iPad optimized app, or when you use it on the iPad is just does the pixel doubling?

6. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

7. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

That sucks, I don't know why companies are still releasing iPhone only apps, especially large companies like Zynga. It seems to me that it would be fairly simple to increase the resolution of the game for the iPad, and then maybe change the menus a bit to suit the iPad form factor. I don't get it!

8. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Farmville explains the massive iPhone shortages. Productivity is down, farming is up. Sigh.

9. TyG8 macrumors regular

10. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

11. Groovetopia macrumors newbie

I was excited about it when I saw it announced at WWDC but now it looks really bad on the retina display...hopefully they'll update it soon

12. nutmac macrumors 68040

Yeah that's a big no no for me. I don't want to post my "progress" to my Facebook friends.

13. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

I downloaded, signed in with Facebook, and started farming. It does annoying ask if I want to share my progress, but I always tap "no", "cancel" or "exit". It hasn't posted anything that I've told it not to. So that's a plus.

Still sucks that it asks if I want to post a story to my wall every time I harvest a crop :p (exaggerating a bit, but it is annoying that it asks as often as it does).

As far as my impressions of the game go, I find it a little slow. But it runs a lot better than the web based one in my opinion. No idea why there are tonnes of reviews (on the app store) saying it crashes.

14. Spud1 macrumors member

looks great, but I keep getting lots of "syncronisation errors" after just 30second or so of play, and only the first action that I do seems to get saved.

Annoying! May have to see if I can delete my original farm (which it pulled from facebook) and start again, that could be the problem!

15. TyG8 macrumors regular

I farmed with it last night, seems to work well. No crashes, loaded my level 72 farm well, and friends' level 75+ farms well too.

16. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Crashes whenever I try to send a gift. I also hope they update it to save state and add retina display graphics.

17. me2000 macrumors 6502

I think it's a great app. I too hope they update with save state and retina graphics... We'll see.

18. BassetCase macrumors member

I would play this app/game if it didn't integrate with Facebook. I don't want to annoy my friends with all the wall posts nor do I want it to ask me to post it over and over again. Oh well.

19. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

It wont post anything to your wall (unless you tell it to). But it will annoy you with requests to post to your wall. It's all part of their scheme to get more people playing, and to get more money through buying coins and farm cash.

I personally dislike games where you have to pay more than a one-time fee. So I probably wont play it much.

20. me2000 macrumors 6502

You don't have to pay a dime... I never paid anything and have gotten really far.

21. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

It works and looks great on my iPhone 4. Slow as can be on my wife's 3G though. Essentially unusable on there. Oh well, she will be upgrading to a 4 in a few months.