Fast Battery drain after 5.1.1 update on iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jarhead5811, May 10, 2012.

1. Jarhead5811 macrumors newbie

Both my wife and I have had our iPhone 4's batteries draining very quickly since we updated to iOS 5.1.1. It sounds much like the issue people described after the 5.0 update. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions on how to fix it?

2. iSR5 macrumors member

I used to have that problem..
    It was loosing %1 of battery each 5min, and after I signed out from my iCloud, and managed my notifications, and disabled location services.. it has been able to last longer...

[​IMG]

as you can see 8 hours in standby and it only took %90 of my battery life..
    :D

Attached Files:

3. Jarhead5811 thread starter macrumors newbie

My Wife took her iPhone 4 by the Apple store and they wiped it and said that should fix it. Once she restored she found her battery life to be back to normal.

I turned of most of my notifications and let it run completely down. It now seems to have improved but I'm not sure it's back to normal. I'll find out Monday when I go back to work in my regular routine.

I now also make sure I close my 'TuneIn Radio' App after I'm done using it. I suspect it may have been the culprit for intermittent battery drains.

4. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

I copied my response to another similar thread. Hope this helps.

I've got 4 iDevices, and about every third software update I'll have one device go wonky on the battery. Charge to 100% and unplug. Few hours later the device will drop 5-10% or more while my other iDevices might have moved 1%.

Easy fix.

"Reset All Settings"

The device will keep all user content, songs, pics, media, app data, but all settings will be restored to default and passwords will need to be re-entered.

ONE NOTE OF CAUTION!

After the device reboots, you'll go thru the grey setup screens (language, siri, etc) At the end it will ask you if you want to setup as New or restore from backup. Choose setup as NEW. (don't worry, you only Reset all SETTINGS!)

You'll get dumped out into your familiar home screen, and you should be GTG. :)

5. Charls05 macrumors newbie

Hello, I have a question about your procedure:
    I have a jailbreaked-hacktivated (with sn0wbreze), and unlocked (with Ultrasn0w) GSM 32 GBs iPhone 4 recently updated from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 iOS with the same battery drain problem (1% takes about 2 minutes and 20 seconds :( )

Does it is safe for me to do the "Reset All Settings" procedure? it wont lock my iPhone?

Thank you very much for your help.