"Fast" BeatsX/W1 switching between devices?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kriista1234, Oct 6, 2018.

1. kriista1234 macrumors 6502

So I've had some BeatsX headphones for a while now, and really like them. The AirPods are a massive non-started for me as the oldschool plastic headphones always made my ears hurt, and having to talk to change volume is a no-no for me too on public transport.

I routinely switch between my Macbook Pro and iPhone for audio, but each time I do this I do it via the Bluetooth icon. It's easy enough on the laptop, but on my phone it takes going into the menu and selecting it there, which requires more clicks and time.

I thought part of the W1 "magic" of the BeatsX were to make switching seamless.

Is there some faster way to switch between devices that I'm missing?

2. BeatCrazy macrumors 68000

Not that I'm aware of. I just ordered some BeatsX myself. Have had the AirPods since they came out, and what you're describing is my main annoyance with them as well. Seems like there should at least be a Control Center shortcut for it.

3. kriista1234 thread starter macrumors 6502

I kind of assumed that that concentric circle "output" button, or whatever it is, would let you select the W1 devices, as long as they are turned on, or hell, even turn them on, but it only seems to show up in there if it's presently paired to the phone.

4. chrfr macrumors 604

I can change between W1 headphones in the control center on my iOS devices easily. Just open control center and tap the icon at the top right of the music widget, and change the audio output right there. The headphones have to be paired to one of the devices initially and then they show as an option on all of my devices and my Mac.

5. twinlight macrumors 6502a

twinlight

Switching works seamless between iPhone and Watch. Press Play on my Watch and music begins playing most of the time. Going back to the phone an hour later and press play there and my AirPods plays music from the phone.

Changing to one of my iPads and back to the phone requires me to use the chang output icon in control center.

6. kriista1234 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm, that seems to work now. I swear that wasn't the case before, that the headphones wouldn't show up in the output icon. So that's good.

I guess on the Mac you still have to go and manually select it from the Bluetooth settings.