Fast burning dvd creator mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cpnotebook80, Feb 3, 2012.

1. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

I have avi and other camcorder videos i like to put on dvd. However, some of the apps out there are pretty slow in conversion unless u have a high end system.
    I tried Toast which took forever, and now aimersoft dvd creator which seems to move along but not too fast. I guess its the conversion that slows the pace down.

anyone use other software on a mac for fast movie to dvd burn. I dont really need the themes and all the other extra options.

2. simsaladimbamba

Tried Burn yet? Or iDVD, but it doesn't accept .avi files, thus one needs to transcode those .avi files to .mov files using the Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) via MPEG Streamclip.

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

4. cpnotebook80 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok will try it. So maybe i convert it separately and then burn mov file..might be faster.

5. simsaladimbamba

The .mov file will have to be transcoded again, as video DVDs use MPEG-2 as video codec and special file formats (.vob, .ifo, .bup).Thus it will be two step process.

Maybe the software you use is not made for several cores and threads, depending on what actual hardware you use.
    Also know, that MPEG-2 encoding takes time, I took an hour or so on a Mac Pro with four cores to create a 20 min video DVD.

6. cpnotebook80 thread starter macrumors 6502a