Fast car charger for iPhone 6s+ and possibly iPad

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hajime, May 22, 2017.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello, perhaps it is better to get a fast car charger as I use the phone as a GPS. Which one do you recommend?

How is the following products? Can I use them with the official Apple lightning-usb cable?

Anker Quick Charger 3.0 42W Dual USB Car Charger
    Anker Quick Charger 3.0 39W Dual USB Car Charger
    Kenu CarKit Deluxe

Can Anker products fast charge the iPhone 6s+ and iPad? Some Amazon users mentioned that iPhone are not compatible with quick charge.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Anything that's listed as 2amps will charge an iPhone quicker.

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks. What is the max acceptable amps? I read that although higher amps could charge the devices faster, they will also get hot and have the battery life shortened.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The phone/iPad will only take what it needs. Heat is a byproduct of charging and honestly won't hurt your device.

5. chscag macrumors 68000

There's a lot of pro and con regarding fast charging iOS devices. Some articles state that you should never fast charge as that reduces battery life; others state that it's OK. You need to do some research and draw your own conclusions.

6. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

The charging regulator built into the phone will protect it from overload,any 2W charger will do the job,just don't put the device near heat vents or on a hot dashboard in sunny weather.