CarPlay Fast Charge while using CarPlay

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Zmanbaseball2, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Hey All,
    I am trying to figure out a way to have fast charging shoe using CarPlay. My cars built in USB port charges super slowly and I use Waze on my iPhone instead of Apple maps on CarPlay. Waze uses a ton of power so my phone discharges while using CarPlay.
    I stopped using CarPlay because I want my phone to charge while navigating and so I know if cops are ahead on Waze whenever I drive.
    I am looking to a way to use my car charger with the cars USB port for CarPlay together so I can fast charge while using CarPlay.
    I looked for lightning splitters on amazon. Most don't work or don't support charge and data. They all support charge and audio. I would like an MFi certified solution for this.
    Thanks!

2. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Do you know if CarPlay works if you use a Lightning to 30-pin adapter and a 30-pin to USB cable?

If it does, then that could open up a lot more options for you in terms of splitting the data and power element.

3. LiveM macrumors 6502a

LiveM

If you drive slower, does Waze use less power?