Fast charging question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RandyMass, Nov 4, 2017.

1. RandyMass macrumors member

RandyMass

i was at the Apple store in Madison, WI and was talking to a Apple rep there. She told me that the iPhone X will be shipping with the fast charge enabeled. Some say, fast charge will be adopted with a future update.

What say you?

2. xblyx macrumors newbie

USBC-Lightning cable fast charging enabled already. Wireless fast charging will come with a later update.

3. boxster99t macrumors member

As far as I know all iPhones from the 6 to date, handle fast charging. If you have an iPad, you can use that charger which is quicker than the charger that ships with the iPhone, and if you own a Macbook Pro that ships with the USB-C charger, use that. When I travel I only carry one charger (the Macbook Pro's charger) for all three (iPhone 6Plus, iPad Air 2 and MacBook Pro). You should be good out of the box, with the iPhone X.

4. Joekawasaki macrumors newbie

I use the charger from my iPad and it worked great with my iPhone 6 and is also working with my X. Charged to 100% with no problems.

5. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

On my Mac Pro with lightning cable, it does charge fast, but I do think from what I recall, with a software update it'll be even faster

6. SJTrance macrumors member

I have the Verizon insurance but I ordered the phone via Apple IUP. So I'll have both insurances. I realize now that it might have been better to go without the AppleCare +. I really want to lost insurance.