Fast dvd creation application

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cool11, Oct 26, 2012.

1. cool11 macrumors 65816

cool11

Is there any fast application in mac, to create a dvd disc, with menus, from several movies?
    I am not asking for a burning app, even though that many of them seem to support conversion to dvd format.
    The application I seek, should be primarily focused on speed and menus, rather than just burning.
    I used several applications in the past, but I was disappointed from their slowness.
    Come on, we have quad core macs, so a well-built app, should gain all the cpu power from our macs, not just a conversion for many hours.
    I need something fast, and with video_ts folder exporting(dvd video format).

Can you please suggest me such an application in order to avoid pc-windows solutions?

2. simsaladimbamba

DVD Studio Pro with Compressor (multi threaded) might help, you can get DVD Studio Pro via looking for an older version of Final Cut Studio 2 or 3 via eBay, as DVDSP has been discontinued.

The other application I know of, is Adobe Encore.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3938447?start=0&tstart=0

3. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

If you want the.....

Newest, go with the Premiere-Encore solution (from Adobe). Not the newest? Try DVD Studio Pro (discontinued from Apple). I will not vouch for eBay, but can be get there for US 9.00 or something (version 2.0 in a lone disk).

But still, Adobe products can be taxing in the hardware:( :):apple:

4. cool11 thread starter macrumors 65816

cool11

I hoped that there was a 'fresh' and 'light' solution.

One product discontinued(nobody could predict if it will work in the next apple' official osx update).
    The other one, adobe's heavy duty solution, premiere-encore. No editing guys, not even too much fancy feature.

The need is for a dvd creator app that will be:
    - fast (not hours for converting! in quad cores mac!)
    - lightweight
    - easy!

Is it so difficult to have one in mac platform?