Fast, Free Shipping = Overnight??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MattyMac, Mar 10, 2011.

1. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

With the early online sale time and the "fast, free shipping" advertising. Is anyone else thinking that apple may be overnighting iPad's via FedEx for arrival on Saturday?

2. tomandshell macrumors regular

3. dohspc macrumors regular

dohspc

They may come from China if so Tues/Wed depending how fast orders are shipped Friday.

4. Paperboy2010 macrumors member

My first iPad was shipped overnight from China for arrival on launch day. I wouldn't put it past them to ship the online orders from China, but with a 3-5 day transit as opposed to overnight. That must've cost them a bundle!

5. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Pretty sure if they were planning on doing an overnight shipping, they'd highlight it in the press release they did earlier about tomorrows events. It sounds like they're doing the standard free shipping routine with this release unfortunately...

6. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

id say the earliest anyone who orders online will see them is tuesday. Monday if they pay for the most expensive shipping.

7. mac jones macrumors 68040

This time the shipping is sadly sneaky, i'm afraid

snail mail/ slow boat most likely.

I may line it. Like all the other sheep. The tiger blood, ya know.....

8. poloponies macrumors 68030

Not likely. When this happened with the original iPad it wasn't actually overnight shipping, just Saturday delivery for a Friday release that was actually pre-ordered weeks in advance. So they already had the shipments staged for delivery at centralized locations well before Saturday.

9. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I think Apple has inventories on hold at FedEx warehouses ready for release, same day. Orders start at 1:00a.m. PST, shipments go out same day for those that order quickly enough. Arrival happens on Saturday or Monday depending on each individuals location.

Since BB, Wal-Mart, and others have the iPads, I don't buy the ship from China theory. I expect early orders will ship from the US.

The reason Apple cannot commit to "overnight" shipping is that consumers may not get their devices on time...then they'll complain about Apple. I imagine we will see 2 day shipments standard with inventories pre-positioned for release.

Just my $.02 guess

10. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

From my understanding, any Saturday shipment have to be actually requested by the sender. That doesn't fall under the standard shipping days for a shipment. This is going off memory when I worked for AT&T but I know back then (5yrs or so) we had to actually select a 'Saturday Shipment' box on the slip. I'm pretty sure this is still the case...

11. OMGitworks macrumors member

Anyone have an idea as to how long having it engraved will hold up the shipping? Thanks.

12. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

From what i was told large stock already here in the states, I wish it was overnight.

13. camelsnot macrumors 6502

camelsnot

China. Any shipments in the US are directed to go to retailers. Fact, bro.