Fast image viewer

koswo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2004
Belgium
Hi, I'm looking for a small program which allows me to easily browse through pictures/photos in a certain directory. So when I double click in the finder on the first picture/photo it should show the picture/photo (like Preview does) but it should also have next/previous buttons to jump to the next/previous picture/photo in that directory.
In other words I'm looking for Mac alternative to "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" or "IrfanView".
Who knows such a program?

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
You do know that if you do a quick command-a to select all files in a folder, then drag that onto preview in the dock that they all open at once, very quickly, and you can scroll through using the drawer on the right hand side. You can do slideshows from this view as well. It's very easy and fast to load.

eyup

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2006
UK
Or you can select all the images in a folder, right click and choose Slideshow.

koswo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2004
Belgium
eyup said:
Or you can select all the images in a folder, right click and choose Slideshow.
Thanks eyup for the tip, that is indeed a great OS X feature! I didn't know it but it sure solved my problem!

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
koswo said:
In other words I'm looking for Mac alternative to "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" or "IrfanView".
The closest thing to IrfanView on the Mac is GraphicConverter. Shareware, but I think the trial may be unlimited.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.