fast macbook???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jthuth, Apr 8, 2011.

1. jthuth macrumors newbie

hey new to the forum and to macs... ive only have mine a couple months... So im going to get to it... whats the best way to keep my MB fast, organized, and clean??
    Thanks in advance!! :)

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Here is what I use:

1. OpenDNS and you can see an instructional video to block known Trojan hosting systems. Plus using this DNS in my Mac Book Pro I don't have to rely on strange business access points for DNS.

2. Once about every four months I run the donationware program YASU. I let the program reboot my Macs but after that reboot I immediately manually reboot to complete rebuild my startup/shutdown cache. IMHO opinion Internet cache can fill up your Mac very easily and get unwieldily.

3. Do you have enough RAM in your Mac? I get my RAM at either OWC or Crucial because either of these manufacture guarantees their RAM. OS X loves RAM and if you can max your RAM out the faster OS X will run.

4. Lastly as a new Mac user I urge you to get the cheap book Switching to a Mac. This will be a great reference book and will help greatly in you new Mac endeavors. The book tries to be funny and is a very easy read but informative book. It will help you, as a new user, a lot.