Fast mods - good job!

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by jeremysteele, May 28, 2014.

1. jeremysteele macrumors 6502

Just a quick thanks to the MR mods.

Just reported two completely and utterly racist comments on the article about Apple buying Beats and they were removed not even 1 minute after they were posted.

The mods must keep a super close watch on new articles or something? Do you guys have any extra tools for that - or just reload & watch?

Anyhoo, good job guys. You get a lot of negative feedback from users, but this community definitely has some of the quickest and best feedback/moderation I've seen.

2. simsaladimbamba

Since there are not that many moderators anyway, they rely on post reports by the users of this not so crazy place.
    You can use the [​IMG] button to report a post violating the forum rules, it can be found on every post on the left bottom.

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Thanks! :)

While we'd like to report that we have magic tools and all-seeing eyes, we don't (some still think we do though ;)). Just like Sim mentioned above, we rely, mostly, on Post Reports and seeing things as we browse the site as members ourselves.

The fast action you saw just happened to be a time of day that several of us were online, saw the reports come in and we handled them.

That's not always case though, and sometimes reports will sit open for a while when no one is online. But, they are all dealt with in the end. We may or may not take action on all of them, but we do look at and discuss all of them.

5. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

I agree... thanks to the mods team and their hard work, MR is one of the few forums that remain worth visiting in the long run, IMO.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. So many other websites don't moderate the comments and it just turns into juvenile name calling, trolling, profanity, etc.

7. snberk103 macrumors 603

I know we're not supposed post unless we have something new to add… but in case I will just say I agree with all of 'thank you' posts above. Or.. "This"….