Fast scrolling on the ipad

Luis Ortega

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2007
It gets very tedious to have to scroll endlessly down long internet pages or other files by repeatedly having to swipe the screen.
The little scroll tab that appears along the right of a page when you start to scroll can't be grabbed and swiftly moved, and there is no 'scroll to bottom' feature as there is a 'scroll to top' feature.
Is there any way to scroll quickly?

jj48

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
UK
It gets very tedious to have to scroll endlessly down long internet pages or other files by repeatedly having to swipe the screen.
The little scroll tab that appears along the right of a page when you start to scroll can't be grabbed and swiftly moved, and there is no 'scroll to bottom' feature as there is a 'scroll to top' feature.
Is there any way to scroll quickly?
Follow these instructions. I can't vouch for their usefulness personally but it sounds like a good idea, and will achieve what you want in safari at least.

Comment

Luis Ortega

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2007
Follow these instructions. I can't vouch for their usefulness personally but it sounds like a good idea, and will achieve what you want in safari at least.
Thanks, I tried it but nothing happened. I'm not sure what they meant by paste java script so I just typed the example letters/numbers in the screen shot.

Comment

jj48

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
UK
Thanks, I tried it but nothing happened. I'm not sure what they meant by paste java script so I just typed the example letters/numbers in the screen shot.
Basically you want to create a new bookmark called <Scroll to Bottom> or something similar so you remember it.

Then replace the web address of that bookmark to:

javascript:window.scrollTo%280%2Cdocument.body.scrollHeight%29%3b%0a

Hit done and done again and whenever you reach a page you want to scroll straight to the bottom of you can then just go to your bookmarks and hit scroll to bottom.

I've just tried it myself and it works great.

Comment

Luis Ortega

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2007
Basically you want to create a new bookmark called <Scroll to Bottom> or something similar so you remember it.

Then replace the web address of that bookmark to:

javascript:window.scrollTo%280%2Cdocument.body.scrollHeight%29%3b%0a

Hit done and done again and whenever you reach a page you want to scroll straight to the bottom of you can then just go to your bookmarks and hit scroll to bottom.

I've just tried it myself and it works great.
Thanks. I couldn't see the rest of that JavaScript in the window when I looked, so I didn't type it in right.
Meanwhile, i got atomic browser and it works fine, and it has an actual scroll button on the right that you can drag for quick scrolling to anywhere on the page.
Unless it has some drawbacks I'm not aware of, it seems as good as safari.

Comment