Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Armada78

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Sweden
I did a search in this forum to see whether this point has been discussed but couldn't find it. I just noticed that the fastest way to switch from iMessage to message and vice-versa is to touch and hold "send" in the message screen. is it only me (as i use biteSMS) or you all have it as well?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
As in switch which type of message you are sending, iMessage or SMS/MMS?

What happens when you hold send for you (I assume when you have a message typed in and send is in blue)?

Just tried it and holding it doesn't do anything, and once I let go it just sends the iMessage.

Armada78

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Sweden
As in switch which type of message you are sending, iMessage or SMS/MMS?

What happens when you hold send for you (I assume when you have a message typed in and send is in blue)?

Just tried it and holding it doesn't do anything, and once I let go it just sends the iMessage.

after writing a message and holding the send button a wave-ish animation runs around send button and it changes to green (or blue).

Armada78

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Sweden
In BiteSMS, as i mentioned before. But i was wondering whether the same happens in native messaging app.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
In BiteSMS, as i mentioned before. But i was wondering whether the same happens in native messaging app.

In the native messages app, if you send an iMessage, but it's not being delivered (bad connection, whatever), you can hold down on the message, and select "send as text message."

It does not work the other way though, obviously.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.