Fast switching all of a sudden

Discussion in 'macOS' started by vansouza, May 28, 2010.

1. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

I did not even know what it was called until it happened to me. Anyone know why fast switching is happening to me all of a sudden? For instance, when I come home from work and move the mouse... now a log on is waiting for me and when I key the password in the screen does this totally amazing yet annoying thing.. it cubes to the real screen.

So I searched hear and found it is called Fast Switching, so something like that; and I want to know how to stop it from happening... I do not have it turned on... sys prefs ... user accounts... etc... not turned on at it happens any way.

Suggestions please... short of uninstalling and reinstalling the entire OS... ps just to be honest ... I beta test the OS.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What OS are you currently on / talking about? If it's a beta version of 10.whatever, you should post on the developer forums to ask what the problem is and report the issue. If you don't have access to the developer forums, try reinstalling a legitimately obtained version of OS X.

3. vansouza thread starter macrumors 68000

vansouza

Of course I will post to the Dev Forum but do you know how much faster MR Forum is?

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Most MR members don't have access to beta releases and therefore can't really effectively troubleshoot a problem. Personally I've never heard of Fast User Switching randomly appearing out of nowhere. Do you have your machine set to require a password to come out of sleep? Try disabling/enabling that, perhaps.

5. vansouza thread starter macrumors 68000

vansouza

It may not be a beta issue and if not I hope someone here can offer some assistance. No a PW is not required for coming out of sleep... I do have an item that I am going to deactivate to see if that fixes anything... something called Airlock... that locks my iMac if my iPhone leaves the room... else nothing else locks the unit.. but it happened coming right up from a reboot... oh well back to the Dev Forum... thanks for trying to help...

6. vansouza thread starter macrumors 68000

vansouza

Too soon to tell but with Airlock off it has not happened again... fingers crossed...