Fast way to attach time alert to reminder in Reminders?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by bluegrass527, Nov 11, 2012.

1. bluegrass527 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I like the iOS Reminders app, but one thing that I find kind of annoying is the number of taps necessary to associate a time alert with a reminder. One way of doing it somewhat fast is to use Siri, but this is problematic when trying to input reminders in close quarters with colleagues and friends.

Interestingly, I recently found out that you can simply type the time in-line with the OS X Reminders app and it will create the alert.

For example, typing "Go to grocery store at 4 PM" will associate a 4 PM alert with the reminder. However, this doesn't work in the iOS version. I'm wondering if I'm not working it properly perhaps. Does anyone know a way of setting up an alert using the text of the reminder itself? If there is some way of defaulting the alert to an hour, that would be OK too. The issue is if there is no time alert associated with the reminder then it won't appear in the notification area.

Thanks.

2. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

I understand your concern, agony & annoyance over this issue. However, I'm deeply sorry to tell you that there is currently no quick method to go about completing the task that you stated above. The time alert for reminders can only be done in that manner & that manner only, for now. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused, & I hope you will not lose hair over this small matter.

3. raggdoll macrumors regular

:confused:

4. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Unless you have Siri, I don't think there's a quicker way. With Siri you can just say, "remind me to do X, at Y o'clock"

5. hyteckit Guest

Why doesn't it work?

I do it all the time.

With Siri.

Remind me to buy pizza at 6PM. (time based)
    Remind me to buy pizza when I get to work. (location based)

Without Siri:

Tap on the reminder.
    List options to "remind me on a day" and "remind me at a location" and "show more"

6. bluegrass527 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's just that sometimes you don't want to speak to your phone if you're somewhere quiet where people are working. Another thing that makes Siri inconvenient is that you need an Internet connection to use it. If it's not Wifi, it's quite slow. Otherwise, I agree that using Siri is a convenient way to do this.

Anyway, thanks for the replies.