Faster? Home Delivery or In-Store Pickup

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Phima256, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Phima256 macrumors regular

Just about to order a watch and it shows that home delivery will be shipped almost a whole week earlier than in-store store pickup. However, it sounds like lots of home deliveries are delayed or having issues. Any thoughts on which one was quicker?

Sounds like the quickest way might actually be to wait and grab one when they randomly land in the stores.

2. ckiggins macrumors 6502

I've been noticing the the store pickup date is always the last day of the home delivery window. I wonder if that's just a safe estimate or if it actually does take longer.

3. Phima256 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, that's strange to me too. I asked the rep if that was just being conservative and they said no, the stores are overloaded so they encourage delivery.

I see many people saying that they are finally getting watched after one-month waits when I saw several of those same exact models at stores yesterday. Stainless steel is nowhere to be found though.

4. zamboni52 macrumors regular

I ordered from Best Buy and had it delivered via 2-day delivery. I could've picked 1-day but didn't want to pay the extra $8.

5. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Got two S2 watches this way, I did do ship to store as its close and I don't have to worry about it being delivered while I was at work.