faster MBPs in January?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bradleygardner, Oct 21, 2008.

1. bradleygardner macrumors newbie

What does everyone think the chances of a processor upgrade at Macworld for the MBP?

I want an MBP, but the lack of differentiation between the two machines are nagging at me, and the prospect of an update within 2 months is also nagging at me (I bought the first generation MBP soon after it came out, and then they got new processors right away).

Brad

2. Warelin macrumors newbie

I'm guessing it'll be April/May as they'll want to do revisions and fix bugs which have popped up.

I'm waiting for the update when Snow Leopard is included to buy my MBP.

3. kobefan234 macrumors 6502

kobefan234

4. pillow1313 macrumors member

5. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Not interesting. Thats the old machine which always had Nvidia graphics.

6. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

plus it still has the 800mhz bus and ddr2 ram

7. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Is there even anything in the pipeline before Nehalem? I'm not sure what they could bump between now and then, I believe the T9600 is already the max TDP for the new MBP case, unless there's a higher clocked 35W chip?

8. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

they are using P series chips now which are 25w actually

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Both the MB and MBP get the same processor, so aside from a bit of a speed difference you are not goign to avoid that issue.

There is always going to be a faster update around the corner so if the current machines are fast enough don't pet the sweaty stuff.

10. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

ALL the reviews claim the Mac Book Pr's use the 'T' series chips ad people running the Intel chip identifier programme on Windows also show it states he 'T' series. The Mac Book uses the 'P' series.

I don't think there will be any updates, there are no planned chips before the next major revision. I would imagine the 17" MB Pro to be launched though in January. I also think they will completely redesign the Mac Pro and launch it in January. 16 cores nice!

11. varchar macrumors member

MBP 17" now or later?

Hi all,

I am trying to decide on whether to get a MBP now or wait for a possible release in macworld 2009...

I currently have the MB white, but am craving for the MBP so much....

If getting it now, I was originally thinking the 17" version, but then read some posts that 17" would be having upgrade in Jan....

Any thoughts? Shall I just bite the bullet and get MBP 17" now or 15" now?

12. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

13. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

it's funny that people are not satisfied with machines that have processors running in the GHz. i guess i'm old, i remember when 100MHz was fast. and if you had 32Mb of RAM you had a fast computer.

14. m1stake macrumors 68000

They wouldn't waste time at MacWorld showing the 17" MBP. Unless it's got a 3Ghz processor, 9800GT, and 4GB+ DDR3, there won't be anything amazing about it. And no, I wouldn't expect any of those things.

Alienware does the same thing, release the 15", then quietly loose the 17" a few months later.

15. pillow1313 macrumors member

no its not the old machine didnt have an 8600 in it.

your right, but look at what it says, ITS NOT OUT YET. please learn to read. it took me a minute to realize that the pic was the old pic, but the parts dont match the old 17 inch mbp. and it says coming soon. next time read the link first. the link is obviously a place holder for whenever the next gen 17 inch will come out, but only steve jobs and a few others know when this will be. but the fact that bb has a place holder on their website is interesting.

16. kobefan234 macrumors 6502

kobefan234

it said coming soon but i guess i was wrong sorry sir

17. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Au contraire it most certainly did.

18. BoingoBongo macrumors regular

It's unlikely, but it is possible. The only time I can think of a product being updated that quickly was back in October 2005 when the iMacs were refreshed, and then the Intel iMacs came out in January. It made a lot of people very angry.

19. eleven2brett macrumors regular

There better not be an upgrade! The woes of buy technology!