Faster to Order iPhone 4 Online or In a Store at This Point?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kodayd, Jul 21, 2010.

1. kodayd macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone would know the answer to this...

My contract with another carrier is FINALLY up and I'm ready to get a shiny new iPhone 4. But at this point, apple.com is saying shipping in 3 weeks and I'm not sure ordering off AT&T's site or in the store might be much better...or is it?

Does anyone know the FASTEST method of ordering an iPhone 4 at this point? I know the buzz has died down a little so it shouldn't be too crazy, but I don't wanna be stuck with this ghetto Blackberry Curve any longer than need be.

Thanks in advance

2. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Well, I brought my son into the local AT&T corporate store last Friday afternoon (7/16) and he ordered his new iPhone 4. We got the email yesterday about it being shipped and it is due to arrive at the AT&T store tomorrow.

That's a week! Pretty good in my book.:p

3. dmk1974 macrumors 68020

dmk1974

I'm also wondering...if I order from Apple.com (which says 3 weeks to ship) and then while waiting, I stroll into an Apple Store and they by chance have iPhone 4 in stock, will they let me buy it from the store? Or will they say that I have an order pending and then not sell it to me?

4. tjw1981 macrumors newbie

They would usually tell you to wait until your phone comes in.

I have already tried to cancel my order for my 16gb, for a 32gb because the 32gb seems to be readily available/seems to ship faster and was told that I could do nothing and had to wait until my phone comes in.

I'm sure this is the case in the situation you are describing.

5. dvrmstrng macrumors 6502

I have a 16GB on a wait list at the local apple store, but i think i've decided i want a 32. Should i try to get back on the list, perhpas farther back, or try to get the 32 when i get there?